Industrial Managed 6 FE + 2 VDSL2 Ethernet Extender Switch
The IEX-408E is a managed Ethernet extender switch for establishing long distance Ethernet transmission over twisted-pair copper wiring.
Giving you High-Bandwidth and Long Distance Ethernet extension.
- 2 VDSL2 combo ports (RJ45/RJ11 connector or detachable 2-pin terminal block)
Connect all Ethernet Devices
- 6 RJ45 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports
You can easily activate the bypass mode for multiple failure tolerance.
- DIP switch to easily activate bypass mode within DSL connections
- Higher system availability with simplified on-site configuration and maintenance.
Each switch has a wide range of power inputs that are supported
- Universal high-voltage (HV): 110/220 VDC/VAC (88 to 300VDC, 85 to 264 VAC)
- Redundant dual low-voltage inputs (LV): 12/24/48 VDC (9.6 to 60 VDC)
The switch is a compact size
- 74 x 135 x 111 mm
Made to withstand industrial applications with it’s rugged design
- IEC 61850-3/IEEE 1613 EMC level 4 resistance
Cost effective solutions for extending Ethernet in Industrial applications such as IT, Oil & Gas, Factory Automation and Mining.
Go beyond 100 meters with Moxa’s Industrial Ethernet Extender Switches.
Features and Benefits
- VDSL2 high-speed long distance copper connections; up to 300 m at 100 Mbps and up to 3 km at 1 Mbps over twisted-pair copper wires
- Automatic CO/CPE negotiation reduces configuration time
- Turbo Ring / Turbo Chain on both Fast Ethernet and VDSL2 ports for fast recovery
- Controllable bypass mode on VDSL2 ports gives higher availability in a daisy chain topology
- Flexible deployment with 2-pin or RJ11/45 connector on VDSL2 ports
- Easy network management by web browser, Telnet/serial console, Windows utility, ABC-02, and MXview
The IEX-408E-2VDSL2 is an industrial managed Ethernet extender switch for establishing long distance Ethernet transmissions over twisted-pair copper wiring. This product can easily be linked in series to form a long distance multi-drop configuration, with one IEX-408E-2VDSL2 unit located at each drop-point. Adjacent drop points can be separated theoretically by up to 3 km, with a transmission speed of 1 Mbps achieved using a VDSL2 connection (with a connection distance of 300 m, a transmission speed of 100 Mbps can be theoretically achieved).
Each IEX-408E-2VDSL2 unit provides six 10/100BaseT(X) and two DSL ports, giving users an incredible amount of flexibility for linking together a wide variety of devices separated by vast distances. Ethernet redundancy is provided by Turbo Ring, Turbo Chain, RSTP/ STP, and MSTP, and a state-of-the-art controllable bypass solution on the DSL ports increases the system reliability and availability of your network. The IEX-408E-2VDSL2 series also supports advanced management and security features. It is the perfect solution for reducing the cost of establishing new network cable installations using existing twisted-pair copper wiring to extend copper cable networks beyond the conventional distance limitations imposed by the Ethernet protocol.