by Brent Raynor www.manuauto.com
Connect an Adaptive serial clock to the LAN
- 1033-1113 Adaptive Serial Clock
- NPort 5130 Moxa Serial Device Server
- 71220204 Indoor RS485 Communication Wire and DB9(f) Connector
- 43310602LF Modular Network Adapter
- 1088-8636 1 Ft. RS-485 Cable with 2 RJ11s & Ferrite
- Change the properties of the Local Area Connection.
- Go to Start, Settings, and then Network Connections.
- Select Local Area Connection and then Properties.
- Scroll down the list and select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Select Use the following IP addressand enter an IP address that is similar to the Moxa NPort 5130, except for the last two digits.
- Connect an Ethernet crossover cable from the PC to theMoxa NPort 5130.
- Apply power to the Moxa NPort 5130.
Moxa Configuration Software
- Install the NPort Administration Suite
- Select the Configuration tab, under the Function heading.
- Select the Search tab and the configuration information will appear. The factory default IP address is 192.168.127.254
- Select COM Mapping tab, under the Function heading.
- Select the Add tab and the information for the Moxa NPort 5130 will appear.
- Select From List, click on the box next to the information and select OK.
- The Com Port can be changed by double clicking on the information tab. Choose Com 4 for this example.
- Click the Apply tab and a window will appear Do you want to apply the changes. Select Yes.
Adaptive EtherTime Software
- Install the weblink below.
- Ethertime syncs the serial clocks to the time on the PC or Server.
At Manufacturers Automation Inc., we are dedicated to customer service and want to make your experience with Adaptive led displays and Moxa serial device servers, a pleasant one.
© Copyright 2009, Manufacturers Automation Inc., www.manuauto.comManufacturers Automation Inc.1600 King Street NorthP.O. Box 602St. Jacobs, ON N0B 2NO800-387-6268 Tel. 519-664-3300 Tel.firstname.lastname@example.org