by Brent Raynor www.manuauto.com
Recommended Procedure For A Sight Survey And Install
- Access point (receiver) 192.168.1.232
- Bridge (transmitter) 192.168.1.231
- Clear line of sight required, free of obstructions (ie. trees).
- Maximum distance between Acesss point and Bridge is 300 feet.
Changing your computer’s IP address to communicate with the Access point (sign side)
- Change the properties of the Local Area Connection.
- Go to Start, Settings, and then Network Connections.
- Select Local Area Connection and then Properties.
- Scroll down the list and select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Select Use the following IP addressand enter an IP address that is similar to the Bridge, except for the last two digits.
- Connect an Ethernet crossover cable from the PC to the Bridge.
Site Survey using Windows Explorer
- Open Windows Explorer
- In the address bar type ftp://192.168.1.231 and click GO.
- At the login prompt, type admin for the Username and Password
- The EnGenius main screen will appear.
- Click on Wireless Network
- The Wireless Network screen will appear.
- Click the Site Survey button.
- The Site Survey sreen will appear.
- Look for the EnGenius radio. If not present, click the refresh button.
- If more than one EnGenius radio is present, refer to the MAC address of the radio required.
- The Signal column (dbm) in this window will show the signal strength.
Signal Strength Scale Guide
0 to -50 indicates Strong signal strength
-75 to -100 indicates Excellent signal strength
-51 to -75 indicates Good signal strength
At Manufacturers Automation Inc., we are dedicated to customer service and want to make your experience with Adaptive a pleasant one.
© Copyright 2010, Manufacturers Automation Inc., www.manuauto.comManufacturers Automation Inc.1600 King Street NorthP.O. Box 602St. Jacobs, ON N0B 2NO800-387-6268 Tel. 519-664-3300 Tel.email@example.com