by Brent Raynor
- Moxa NPort Express DE-311 (1-port RS-232 serial device server)
- Sticky Velcro Strip (3?)
- Adaptive P/N: 1179122301 (power cable)
- Serial cable 9Pin(f) to 9Pin(m)
Configure the Moxa NPort Express DE-311
- Connect a cross-over cable from the PC to the Moxa NPort Express DE-311.
- Open the Moxa NPort Administration Suite software http://www.moxa.com/support/download.aspx?d_id=1317
- Select Configuration, then Broadcast Search
- Double click on the Moxa NPort Express DE-311 line and configuration box will appear.
- Select the Network tab and then Modify. a) IP Address b) Netmask c) Gateway
- Select the Serial tab, check Modify and double click on the settings.
- Once the serial settings box appears, enter the baud settings and click OK.
- 9600, 8, N, 1
- No Flow Control
- FIFO Enabled
- Select the Operating Mode tab, then Modify.
- Double click the TCP Server Mode line.
- Operating Mode: Server Mode
- Local TCP Port: 3001
- Command Port: 966
- Max. Connection: 1
- TCP Alive Check 7
- Inactivity Timeout 0
- Click Ok.
- Click OK again and the new configuration is downloaded to the Moxa NPort Express DE-311.
Hardware installation, StreetSmart 17X (only)
- Locate the boost regulator board inside the display, on the rear side of the driver board led panel.
- Plug the power cable (P/N: 1179122301) in the output of the boost regulator board. The purpose of this board is to step up the 5VDC to 9VDC. Then plug the socket end of the power cable into the Moxa NPort Express DE-311.
- Note: StreetSmart 35X or AlphaEclipse displays do not have a boost regulator board. Recommend a din rail AC recepticle to mount the power adapter, which is included with the Moxa NPort5110.
- Connect them null modem cable from the Moxa NPort Express DE-311 to the Com1 port of the Adaptive controller board. Adhere the velcro strip for mounting purposes.
- Then connect the Ethernet 10/100 Base T(x) cable into the Moxa NPort Express DE-311.
Test the Moxa NPort Express DE-311
- Open the diagnostic program in AlphaNet.
- Select TCP/IP and then Setup.
- Enter the IP Address and Port (3001).
- Click on the Ping IP Address tab and a reply will appear. This procedure verifys connectivity to the Moxa NPort Express DE-311.
- The next step is to transmit a test message.
- A -> Click the Connect TCPIP tab under Actions.
- B -> The TCP/IP State will change to connected.
- C -> Click on the Broadcast Message tab.
- D -> Click on the Select Address tab and a pop-up screen will appear. Add the StreetSmart address to the list and the Sign Type is AlphaEclipse StreetSmart V. Click Ok.
- E -> Select Continuous Transmit and then the Send tab. View the messages on the StreetSmart led display.
At Manufacturers Automation Inc., we are dedicated to customer service and want to make your experience with Adaptive led displays, a pleasant one.
© Copyright 2008, Manufacturers Automation Inc., www.manuauto.comManufacturers Automation Inc.1600 King Street NorthP.O. Box 602St. Jacobs, ON N0B 2NO800-387-6268 Tel. 519-664-3300 Tel.email@example.com