Compact Variable Frequency Drives
Carlo Gavazzi has just released its new range of variable frequency drives, the Variflex2 RVEF Series. These compact AC motor drives are ideal for general purpose motor applications from 0.25 to 3.0 Hp motors and offer features and options that are usually only available on larger drives.
The Variflex2 Series is a reliable range of drives that are easy to use and setup either via their front touch pad or its simple and intuitive PC software tool. The Variflex2 RVEF Series is available in two frame sizes, covering main supply voltages (110 / 230VAC single phase or 230 / 480VAC three phase). Internal thermal management has been optimized to allow side by side installation without any performance derating in temperatures up to +50Â°C ( +122Â°F). Other main features include:
- Sensorless vector or V/F control
- Input: Single phase 110 or 230VAC or three-phase 230 or 480VAC
- Only two physical sizes
- Manual speed setting by touch pad or knob
- Extensive list of motor protection features
- Multifunction digital output
- Control inputs include: multifunction digital and analog inputs, optional Modbus RTU and PC software tool
- Options include: I/O expansion card, remote keypad, set-up cloning unit, RS-232 and 485 cards
- External breaking units and EMC filters
- DIN rail or back panel mounting
The Variflex2 employs state of the art microprocessor technology which controls all drive functions. All printed circuit boards are manufactured using fully automated surface mount technology ensuring high quality and reliability.
With this new product series, Carlo Gavazzi extends its offering fo motor applications, increasing our offering to existing customers and becoming a new resource in markets such as Doors/Gates, Lifts, HVAC, Food/ Beverage, Water/Waste Water, Packaging and general automation applications.