Fibre Optics and Amplifiers
Carlo Gavazzi’s new line of Fibre Optic Sensors, include the FA1 Fibre Optic Amplifier, and the FUT and FUR Fibre Optic Cables.
The compact, intuitive, and flexible design of the FA1 Fibre Optic Amplifier is ideal for a wide variety of applications. An adjustable signal level, selectable response time, multiple timer functions, and UL508 approval provide the proper features and application flexibility required in industries such as semiconductor and packaging. Two 4-digit LED displays simplify programming, and provide excellent feedback for monitoring application set-up, troubleshooting, and operation.
FA1 Amplifier features include:
- Two 4-digit LED display for signal/threshold levels
- Adjustable sensitivity via an intuitive 3-way switch
- Selectable response time
- Different timer functions
- 100mA NPN or PNP output
- Light on and dark on switching
- cULus (UL508) approved and CE marked
Along with the FA1 Amplifier, Carlo Gavazzi is launching an entirely new line of fibre optic cables, including the FUR Fibre Optic Cables for reflective applications, and the FUT Fibre Optic Cables for through beam applications. Available in a variety of fibre diameters and head diameters, the new cables are designed to simplify installation in diverse applications. Extended range, right angle head, and multiple sleeve options are also available. Bendable sleeves provide a means to extend the fibre or direct the light beam in installations with unusual mounting restrictions. FUT and FUR cables are currently available in plastic, and glass fibre optic cables.
FUR and FUT Fibre Optic Cables features include:
- Reflective and through-beam types
- Inner diameter: 0.25, 0.5 or 1.0mm
- Outer diameter: 2.2 or 1.25mm
- Bending radius: 10, 15, 25mm
- Over-moulding protection
- Straight or angled sensing heads
- Sleeve length options: 10, 20, 30 or 40cm
- Provided with all mounting nuts
- 2m standard length
The new FA1, FUT, and FUR Fibre Optic Sensors will replace all older versions of plastic fibre optic sensors. For details on products to be phased out, including a cross reference to the new sensors, please refer to the Discontinuation Notice link below.