- Assigning an IP address to the MaxStream 9XTend ethernet wireless modem involves configuring a computer to act as a network. This is accomplished by modifying the local area connection of the computer.
- If the computer (laptop) does not have a serial communication port, make sure to install a usb to serial adapter. The MaxStream X-CTU redirector software must be able to detect a serial communication port on the computer.
- Connect a cross-over ethernet cable from the computer’s ethernet port to the MaxStream 9XTend’s ethernet port.
Windows XP Setup
- Change the properties of the Local Area Connection.
- Go to Start, Settings, and then Network Connections.
- Select Local Area Connection and then Properties.
- Scroll down the list and select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Select Use the following IP address and enter 10.1.110.10 The last digit prevents a network conflict
- Note: The MaxStream ethernet 9XTend factory default IP address is 10.1.110.11
MaxStream 9XTend Ethernet Wireless Modem Setup
- Install the X-CTU and then the Redirector software.
- Reboot the computer if prompted to do so.
- Open the X-CTU software.
- Enter the new IP address and make sure the virtual com port is com 5 or above.
- Under Changes, click the Apply tab to refresh the settings.
- Exit the X-CTU program and reboot the computer.
- All MaxStream wireless devices have a VID (Vendor ID) and require a four digit hexadecimal number.
- Choose a four digit number and use the weblink below to convert it to hexadecimal.
- Input the four digit hexadecimal code and click the Write tab to update the configuration .
MaxStream 9XTend Ethernet and Serial Modems
- Communication between two MaxStream 9XTend Ethernet wireless modems will not work as a bridge. Since the Ethernet (TCP/IP) protocol is removed by the Ethernet-to-serial converter inside the unit, the radios can only transmit and receive serial data over the air. A receiving radio in this case, would only see the serial data and all network information would be lost. This means the network would not be able to see the remote radio.
- The receiving radio must be a MaxStream 9XTend serial wireless modem.
- Set the MaxStream 9XTend serial wireless modem dip switches 1 & 5 in the on position.
- Disable the wireless on the PC.
- Turn off the firewall.
- Reboot the computer.
At Manufacturers Automation Inc., we are dedicated to customer service and want to make your experience with Adaptive led displays and the MaxStream RF Modems a pleasant one.
© Copyright 2009, Manufacturers Automation Inc., www.manuauto.comManufacturers Automation Inc.1600 King Street NorthP.O. Box 602St. Jacobs, ON N0B 2NO800-387-6268 Tel. 519-664-3300 Tel. firstname.lastname@example.org