by Brent Raynor www.manuauto.com
Transmitting modem (computer)
- Recommend using the U.S. Robotics V.92 external modem.
- Use a straight through serial cable 9 Pin (f) to 25 Pin (m) or Adaptive P/N: 1088-8634
- Set the dip switches on the U.S. Robotics V.92 external modem on for 1, 3, 4, 8
Receiving modem (Adaptive led display)
- The U.S. Robotics V.92 external modem has an RS-232 output. If the display is more than 50′ from the modem, use the Adaptive Converter Box III (RS-485 output).
- Connect the Converter Box III (E) to the U.S. Robotics V.92 external modem using the Adaptive modem cable (P/N: 1088-8635). Both of these devices can be placed next to the incoming telephone line. RS-485 allows 9600 baud communication up to 4000′. Connect the Adaptive indoor RS-485 wire (D) (P/N: 71220203) to the RS-485 terminal strip of the Converter Box III (E). This wire is extremely flexible and can be run to the Adaptive led display. Use the Adaptive modular network adapter (C) (P/N: 4331-0602) and adhere the sticky back to the Adaptive led display. Connect the 1 ft. RS485 cable (A + B) (P/N: 1088-8636) to the Adaptive modular network adapter. The ferrite side of this cable connects to the RS-485 port of the Adaptive led display.
Configure the receiving modem
- The U.S. Robotics V.92 external modem (receiving modem only) must be configured using the Adaptive AlphaNet diagnostic program, in order for the Adaptive AlphaNet software to communicate across the modem to the led display.
- Connect the receiving modem to a PC using a standard serial cable DB9(f) to DB25(m)
- Select Programs, AlphaNet and then Diagnostics.
- Select Serial/Wireless, then Setup. Set Com1, 9600, 8, N, 1
- Select Configure Replacement Modem
- COM1, 9600, 8, N, 1 and the configuration string will also appear.
- Select Configure Modem and wait till the process is complete. The modem is now ready to be removed and connected to the Adaptive led display (receiving side).
At Manufacturers Automation Inc., we are dedicated to customer service and want to make your experience with Adaptive led displays, a pleasant one.
© Copyright 2008, Manufacturers Automation Inc., www.manuauto.comManufacturers Automation Inc.1600 King Street NorthP.O. Box 602St. Jacobs, ON N0B 2NO 800-387-6268 Tel. 519-664-3300 Tel. email@example.com