Moxa is pleased to announce the development of the world’s first PRP/HSR integrated communication and computing solution designed to enable scalable and manageable PRP/HSR infrastructures. The solution is ideal for electrical substation automation and process automation systems that need zero recovery time to ensure the highest system availability and data integrity.
Enabling Scalable and Manageable PRP/HSR Infrastructures for Substations
Moxa’s PRP/HSR integrated communication and computing solution makes use of two new Moxa products. (1) a PRP/HSR redundancy box (RedBox) with Coupling & QuadBox, and (2) a native PRP/HSR rackmount computer that is used as a management server. Both products are compliant with the IEC 62439-3:2012 standard for mission-critical applications in substation automation system communication. Moxa’s solutions for PRP/HSR substations not only support bumpless recovery, but can also help collect, analyze, and integrate all raw data from various devices onto a single management platform to enable efficient and visual PRP/HSR network management, making network diagnosis, troubleshooting, and device condition monitoring easier than ever before.
Benefits of Moxa’s PRP/HSR Substation Solutions
- All-in-one PRP/HSR device that supports Gigabit, coupling, and QuadBox for versatile and scalable zero switch-over time networks that are easy to manage and deploy
- Native PRP/HSR substation computer to avoid single link/node failure, guaranteeing a reliable PRP/HSR network
- Monitor control devices and redundant networks on a single SCADA platform
- Enable a scalable and manageable PRP/HSR infrastructure
- Enable efficient and visual PRP/HSR network management
About Moxa IEC 61850 Smart Substation Solutions
Moxa is a global leader in IEC 61850 & IEEE 1588 smart substation solutions, providing a wide range of networking and computing products for substation automation. As an active participant in Work Group 10 of the IEC TC57, Collective Member of CIGRE, and the Director-General of the Taiwan Smart Grid Industry Association, Moxa is applying its innovative technological expertise to the creation of practical, market-specific networking and computing solutions for the smart substation industry. With over 25 years of experience in industrial networking, Moxa solutions now manage over 300 successful substation applications around the world, among them the world’s first fully integrated IEC 61850 & IEEE 1588 smart substation.
IEC 61850-3/62439-3 3-port full Gigabit managed redundancy boxes
The PT-G503-PHR-PTP series redundancy boxes (RedBoxes) are compliant with the latest standardized redundancy protocols for industrial automation networks, IEC 62439-3 Clause 4 (Parallel Redundancy Protocol, PRP) and IEC 62439-3 Clause 5 (High-availability Seamless Redundancy, HSR). PRP/HSR ensures the highest system availability and data integrity for mission-critical applications in electrical substation and/or process automation systems that require zero recovery time redundancy. The redundant protocols Coupling and QuadBox are also supported. With Coupling and QuadBox, HSR rings can be connected to make the redundant network more versatile. The PT-G503-PHR-PTP series comes with three 10/100/1000BaseT(X) and 100/1000BaseSFP slot combo ports.
One slot (INTERLINK port) is for an internal link for connecting with a SAN (Singly Attached Node). The other two ports (LAN A and LAN B ports) are for PRP/HSR redundant protocol communications. With this full Gigabit Ethernet port design, the PT-G503-PHR-PTP series provides high performance for PRP/HSR systems.
- IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613 (power substations) compliant
- IEC 62439-3 Clause 4 (PRP) and Clause 5 (HSR) compliant
- PRP/HSR Coupling and QuadBox functions supported
- Ethernet console reserved for local access
- Built-in MMS server, based on IEC 61850-90-4 switch modeling for power SCADA
- Hardware-based IEEE 1588v2 PTP supported
- Design ready for NERC CIP compliance system development
- Isolated redundant power inputs with universal 24/48 VDC or 110/220 VDC/VAC power supply range
- -40 to 85°C operating temperature range
IEC 61850 native PRP/HSR computer
The DA-820’s main operating system is based on the lntel Quad core i7-3612QE CPU and QM77 chipset, which supports standard X86, 2 VGA ports, 6 USB port, 4 Gigabit LAN ports, and 2 3-in-1 RS-232/422/485 serial ports. The DA-820 is equipped with a 4 SATA disk interface and supports RAID 0/1/5/10 functionality. The DA-820 is specifically designed for substation applications that require precise time synchronization and adherence to the IEC 61850-3 standards. The flexible design makes the DA-820 suitable for local SCADA, environmental monitoring, video surveillance, protocol conversion, and PRP/HSR redundancy applications. In addition, the cybersecurity function makes the DA-820 an ideal solution for secure network communication applications.
The DA-820 complies with the IEC 60255 standards to enable the protection of electrical relays in a smart substation. IEC 60255 is one of the most widely used standards for testing relays and protection equipment, and compliance ensures that the DA-820 will work reliably and seamlessly with IEDs (intelligent electronic devices) as a part of the robust substation automation system.
The housing is a standard 3U, 19-inch wide, rack-mounted rugged enclosure. This robust, rack-mountable design provides the hardened protection needed for industrial environment applications.
- Intel Core i7 dual/quad core processor with Intel QM77 Express
- 2 x 204-pin SO-DIMM ECC DDR3 sockets, supporting un-buffered
ECC DDR3 1333/1600 memory at 1333 and 1600 MT/s, 16 GB max.
- 6 USB 2.0 ports for high speed peripherals
- 3 PCIe x1 slots and 2 PCI slots for expansion modules1 PCIe x16 slot for an additional video card
- Highly reliable design, supporting dual power, RAID 0/1/5/10, and PRP/HSR technology (with PRP/HSR expansion module)
- Cybersecurity function
- IEC 61850-3 (general requirements for electrical substation
automation, EMC Level 4, C3, Bm)
- IEEE 1613 compliant (environmental and testing requirements for
communications networking devices in electric power substations)
- IEC 60255 compliant (measuring relays and protection equipment)