St. Jacobs/Waterloo, ON, October 3, 2017 – Moxa is adding a new 7-inch fanless industrial panel computer, the MPC-2070 Series, to its rugged panel-computer family. These panel computers are designed for outdoor HMI applications such as solar inverter monitoring, drill control, and wellhead/pipeline monitoring. It can also be deployed on marine decks and in hazardous factory environments where dust explosions are a major concern.
The MPC-2070 panel computers feature an energy-efficient Intel® Atom™ E3826 1.46 GHz processor with an average power consumption of 10 W. Packed in a rugged, fanless enclosure, it can withstand temperatures from -40 to 70°C, and its unique fast boot-up feature enables the MPC-2070 to be ready for use in less than 3 minutes, even in extremely cold environments all the way down to -40°C. The MPC-2070 Series also features a sunlight-readable 1000-nit display with a glove-friendly multi-touch screen, providing an excellent user experience for outdoor HMI applications. This series is also designed to meet the standards of Class 1 Division 2, ATEX Zone 2, and IECEx Zone 2 certifications*. Communication interfaces on the MPC-2070 panel computers include two Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, two USB ports, two RS-232/422/485 serial ports, four digital inputs, and four digital outputs.
To meet the high demands of Industrial IoT applications, the MPC-2070 panel computers are Microsoft Azure Certified for IoT, which means that they are pre-tested and verified to work with Microsoft Azure IoT services. Windows 10 IoT models are also available by request.
MPC-2070 Series Highlights
- Industrial-grade 7-inch panel computers
- Power-efficient Intel® Atom™ E3826 1.46 GHz processor
- Fanless design with a wide operating temperature range of -40 to 70°C
- Fast boot in sub-zero temperatures as low as -40°C, even without a heater
- Compact size: 200 x 140 x 54 mm (7.9 x 5.5 x 2.1 inches)
- Sunlight-readable 1000-nit display
- Glove-friendly multi-touch screen
- Class 1 Division 2*, ATEX Zone 2*, and IECEx Zone 2*
- 9 to 36V DC wide-range power input
- Microsoft Azure Certified for IoT
Manufacturers Automation Inc. (MAPP) which is celebrating its 35th year in Business is continuing to change and adapt to today’s market. MAPP has positioned itself to serve the high tech industrial and infrastructure marketplace in Canada now and in the future.
“How May We Help You.”