by Brent Raynor www.manuauto.com
MaxStream XStream wireless modems can now be security coded by applying a Vendor Identification (VID) number. This procedure will protect against unwanted intruders.
- Connect the MaxStream XStream to the computer using a straight through serial cable.
- Only dip switch 1 is in the on position.
- Apply power to the XStream.
- Open the MaxStream X-CTU software. Should a Windows error box appear it means the XStream unit is not connected to the computer.
- Select the Modem Configuration tab and the Read tab to acquire the modem parameters. A Version box will appear. In order for this procedure to work change the version to 42B5 .
- Select the Write tab and at the bottom of the screen will appear Complete.
- Select the Terminal tab to enter AT commands.
- Holding down the the shift key and typing +++ simutaenously will acknowledge an OK. If necessary repeat this step until you see the OK.
- Continue the following steps in a timely manner or you will have to repeat the above step.
- Type atid and the VID code of the modem will appear in red.
- Type atid 4444 as the new number and press the Enter Key. The Ok will appear.
- This new number must be saved to non-volatile memory using a Write Command (ATWR) . Otherwise, the VID code revert to the original number when the modem is powered off and then on again.
- Type atwr and press the Enter Key. OK will appear.
- Type atcn to exit the command mode.
- Repeat this step for the corresponding XStream wireless modem.
http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/productmanual_xstream_pkgr_rs232rs485rfmodem_v5.x00.pdf (MaxStream X09-009PKC-R manual)
https://www.manuauto.com/decimal-to-hexadecimal-converter/ (Hex Converter)
© Copyright 2010, Manufacturers Automation Inc., www.manuauto.comManufacturers Automation Inc.1600 King Street NorthP.O. Box 602St. Jacobs, ON N0B 2NO800-387-6268 Tel. 519-664-3300 Tel. 519-664-1600 Fax.